October 29, 2011

CHANTERELLE FEVER

There are millions of things I love about autumn. One of them is the chanterelle season. The scent of freshly picked chanterelles evokes many fond childhood memories – I tended to gather chanterelles in the forest because I knew that my mom would be over the moon about them. Bringing mushrooms home from school outings in the woods was the ultimate trick to make her happy, which is something I ought to do more than just once in a while nowadays. And then she made creamy soups and Vietnamese ‘banh gio’ (steamed minced pork rice dumpling) with the chanterelles. Good times, indeed. Last Thursday, JulieMaja and I cooked pasta with chanterelle mushrooms. So. Freaking. Delicious. The day after, Julie invited some girls over for delectable risotto with chanterelles and prosecco. I love the way my favorite season is approaching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...